Originally known as Google Places for Business, Google My Business is an important tool for businesses looking to take advantage of location-based marketing. This is a free marketing tool from Google that allows business owners to manage the visibility of their business on search engines. GMB is best suited for companies looking to improve their brand awareness and visibility with local customers.
However, like other digital marketing strategies, getting the most out of Google My Business goes beyond setting up your account and waiting for results. You need to optimize your business listing to allow search engines to show your business in search results. Below is a guide on how to optimize your GMB and its benefits.
Google My Business is part of the Google Knowledge Graph. This is a service that businesses and individuals can optimize to position their services on the first page of Google search results. The knowledge graph displays various information including phone numbers, hours of operation, address, customer reviews, offers / promotions, and photos.
Below are the steps to optimize Google My Business:
• Create or claim your business – Start by creating or claiming your business listing on Google. Some businesses, especially those that have been in operation for a while, may automatically appear on Google Maps. If your business is not listed, you can easily create a business listing. If it appears, just claim the business.
• Validate your listing: After you create or claim your business, Google will send you a postcard with step-by-step instructions on how to validate your business within five days. Make sure to check the list. Otherwise, your performance and visibility on Google will be negatively affected. Without verification, Google will not display the business, allow your business information to be changed, or provide information.
• Complete your business profile – Like social media accounts, you need to complete your business profile with specific information in order for the list to rank higher. The main goal of completing your profile is to provide customers with enough information about your ad.
The basics include choosing a specific business category, writing a clear description, and filling in all other important fields. Also, don’t forget to include your phone number and area code. Here are some other important tips for optimizing your business profile:
- Adding your opening hours
- Use keywords
- To answer questions
- Respond to reviews
- With special attributes
- List your products and services
- Add photos and videos to your posts
The main benefit of optimizing your Google My Business is to improve the visibility of your business in local searches. Google’s current algorithms take user intent into account as search queries become more and more location specific.
For example, if you’ve ever searched for a business near you, Google will often show results for open deals in your current location. The businesses displayed have GMB pages and are one step closer to getting customers online than businesses without GMB listings.
Some of the other benefits of optimizing your Google My Business listing include:
Make it easier for customers to find your business. Customers will no longer be frustrated with old phone numbers and bad addresses.
INTERACTION WITH CUSTOMERS
This is an additional quote from the website. Information provided via GMB is displayed on Google search and Google Maps.
IDEAL FOR LOCAL SEO
Google My Business provides useful information about your business, helps collect reviews, and gives your business greater credibility.
You need to make sure that your business has a detailed and up-to-date Google My Business page. If you haven’t, you’re missing out on this easy method of ranking higher in Google’s search engine results. As a result, you could be missing out on crucial traffic and leads.